Hudson residents should watch for information about an upcoming Special Town Meeting and vote to allow the town to acquire the Hudson Elementary School for use as the new Town Office and Community Center location. RSU #64 has offered member towns their respective elementary schools for the fall of 2016 as the new consolidated elementary school in Corinth becomes occupied.
What this means for Hudson is that we will be able to move our cramped town office into a building that will give us much needed space and which would cost over $1 million if we were to build it. The floor plan will adapt itself to our needs with little modification, and the difference in operating costs will be minimal.
However the benefits will be huge, including:
- Separate offices for CEO, Assessor’s Agent and Town Clerk
- Administrative office space increasing from 364 Sq. Ft. to 414 Sq. Ft.
- Zoned hot water heating-NO FANS
- ADA compliant-all on one level. NO STAIRS
- Separate rooms allow accommodation of multiple simultaneous meetings
- Space for the Grange and a library
- A multi-purpose room suitable for large groups, events or rental
- A commercial kitchen
- Networked with WiFi
- Low maintenance building
Please come and show your support for our move into the 21st century.